How to initiate a refund by a customer?
The customer cannot receive a refund if the merchant’s policy is not applicable to the specific case: for example, the purchase was made later than the period specified in the Policy. However, there are many other situations where customers can demand a refund for their purchases.
Customers can receive a refund if:
- They have not received their product/service in whole or in part;
- The merchant provided a defective item;
- Payment for the product/service was debited twice.
How long does it take to receive a refund?
Refunds to a customer are not always immediately received on their credit card or bank account and can take up to 14 days. It depends on when the purchase was made and when the refund was requested.
In order to request for a refund, go to the “Merchant” => “Transactions” area of the menu section, on the Payment History list use the filters in the menu on the right and find the required payment:
- Click the “Details” button;
- Click on the required refund type – partial or full (the buttons are in the upper right corner, above the transaction amount);
- In case you want to make a partial refund, please enter the desired amount and click the “Refund” button;
A refund request will be sent for review. Once the request has been reviewed, you will receive a status notification.