How can we help you?
What is SSL support?
SSL is used by millions of websites to protect data on the Internet. It guarantees a secure connection between the user’s browser and the server. When using the SSL protocol, information is transmitted encoded via HTTPS and can only be decrypted using a special key, unlike the usual HTTP protocol. The SSL protocol requires an SSL certificate to be installed on the server.
An SSL certificate is a unique digital signature for your website. Such a certificate is necessary, first of all, for banks, payment systems and other organizations that work with personal data – to protect transactions and prevent unauthorized access to information.
The SSL certificate contains the following information:
- the domain name for which the SSL certificate is issued;
- the legal entity that owns the certificate;
- the physical location of the certificate holder (city, country);
- the expiration date of the certificate;
- details of the supplier of the SSL certificate.